Math & MathML in HTML documents are important for displaying educational content. I compared the current native MathML support in modern web browsers. See the results here.
We are proud to present our newest OERPUB importers at Open Education for Education 2012 in Vancouver!
If you want to see them in action, create an account at the Open Repository cnx.org and start importing and transforming your Google Docs, Word or MS Office files or even webpages to an Open Educational platform here: remix.oerpub.org
We are currently mapping and transforming all of these different sources to HTML5 for educational content. The structure is designed for easy remixing. You will soon be able to edit, compose and remix this HTML5 with a browser based online editor. We are testing it here at Open Ed. Come help us in room C215 at 2:00 pm Tuesday, 1:30 pm Wednesday, or 10:30am on Thursday!
See some videos of our work with the editor:
- Educational elements, drag and drop (2 minutes)
- Math editing video (2 minutes)
- Navigation and linking (1 minute)
- Tables editing (1 minute)
- Adding images with source, titles, captions, and accessibility (3 minutes)
- The full import/ alpha edit/upload process (2 minutes)
Hope to see you in Vancouver. Last but not least: Do not forget to grab some cookies from us! (as thanks for helping us test and improve the editor)