I am thrilled to report (a bit belatedly) that my fellowship with the Shuttleworth Foundation has been renewed for another year and I have big plans for the next year (along with the team of designers, developers, testers, open ed collaborators, and students working with me so far)!
Year 1 Review and Year 2 Plans
In Year 1 we:
- Created an API (OERPub) for publishing OER to remixable repositories. The API is an adaptation of the popular SWORD API.
- Implemented the API in Connexions, a repository anyone can use to create open textbooks and share learning materials.
- Developed an importer for creating and publishing remixable OER to Connexions.
- Formed a team of designers and developers using OERPub.
In Year 2 we plan to:
- Work with specific OER producers and help them publish their content efficiently while making it remixable using the OERPub tools.
- Create an easy to use visual editor for the importer to create a full service “Massive Content Enabler”.
- Expand OERPub to include common APIs to make open assessment banks interoperable.
I am always looking for more people to get involved so if some aspect resonates with you, please get in touch.